Xmms-MPlayer 0.4 released!!
- As promised, it has support for xmms output plugin. Its provided as and audio output option. Now you can use crossfade along with xmms-mplayer :)
- Rewrote the configure window.
Xmms-MPlayer 0.3 released!!
Its been very little time since 0.2, but this release has enough new
features to deserve 0.3
Changes from 0.2:
- One Window
This is a new mode in which a window dosent have to be opened for every file.
One common window is preserved throughout the session.
- better looking Configure window
Tidied it up a lil bit.
- bugfix in extra options
Passing extra options now works
- File filter
Introduced a extension based filter. Only mpg,mpeg,asf,avi,qt,mov,rm,
wma,wmv,mpa,wmp,mp2,divx,swf files are accepted.
Next release will have support for output plugin. The audio part
will be output through xmms output plugin!
Xmms-MPlayer 0.2 released!!
The new version has the following:
- Tonnes of bugfixes!
Crashproof, crashproof crashproof.. well almost ;). I've been running this on xmms 1.2.7 with a huge
playlist including all types of files and it hasnt crashed yet!
- gtk based Configure window
This allows you to pass vo and ao options along with other options. (these were earlier hardcoded!)
Get the source of the first release here
XmmsMPlayer is my attempt at an XMMS Input Plugin that allows you to play all MPlayer supported
in xmms. You'll need MPlayer properly installed and in the PATH.
Also, you should have a pretty recent release of MPlayer. To be specific,
it should recognise the -identify option.
Next Release will have:
- Exotic Filenames sometimes crash it. Like ones with quotes, brackets and dollar.
- Some asfs and big avi files cause a segfault.
Anyway, i am working on it.
- Display choppy in full screen on slower machines. This is the
cost of making mplayer run without xvideo(hardware zoom). If your
comp has xv, you might want to make some changes to line 72 of
xmmsmplayer.c . But all this should not be a problem once i get
a config window working in the next release.
Please feel free to mail any suggestions/bugreports to
- A config window to give extra command parameters to MPlayer.
- Filtering files based on extensions. (At present all files are accepted)
All content on this page may be distributed under terms of
The GNU GPL
All content has been developed on gnu-linux